When it comes to taking care of your skin, it all starts with what you do at home. If you aren't taking care of your skin at home, then any other steps you take to care for it won't be as effective. This includes getting facials, visiting a dermatologist, and more. Here are five home remedies to better skin today:
- Apply Moisturizer After a Shower: After taking a shower, you should apply moisturizer to your face. This is because the hot water will start to dry, which dries out your skin. Even if your skin is oily, you should apply moisturizer because moisturizer will neutralize the pH balance of your skin, which can actually help it become less oily.
- Don't Buy Skin Care With Certain Ingredients: There are plenty of skin care products out there that claim they are the best. However, there are plenty of skin care products that you should avoid if they contain certain ingredients. This includes alcohol-based skin care products. While these may dry out acne, it will irritate the skin and make it dry and flaky. You should also avoid products that contain fragrance, which will also irritate the skin making it appear red, especially if you have sensitive skin.
- Invest in a Humidifier: Investing in a humidifier is a good idea because it ensures that there is enough moisture in the air to keep your skin at a good balance. If the air is too dry, it will dry out your skin. Since you likely spend most of your time at home, this is the best way to keep your skin from drying out.
- Anything on Your Face Should be 100% Cotton: If you wear a face mask to bed, a beanie, earmuffs, or anything else near your face should be 100% cotton. This will ensure that your skin is able to breathe, which prevents it from becoming irritated.
- Wash Your Hands: Never skip out on washing your hands. While it's best to avoid touching your face during the day, there may be times that you accidentally do. Your hands should be clean and free from bacteria that can clog your pores.
When you know these five home remedies for better skin, you can be sure that your skin stays healthy and that any treatments you get from your dermatologist are that much more effective. Be sure that you visit your dermatologist regularly to also receive advice for other things you can be doing at home to achieve better skin.Share